Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcome Daehakro," the largest domestic performance tourism festival in the country.
The festivities began with a vibrant opening show on the main street, which was closed to traffic for the event. The opening show featured a festive parade of performances from musicals, dance, taekwondo demonstrations and marching bands.
As part of the festival, fringe performances will continue throughout October, with a series of outdoor shows at Marronnier Park on Sunday and on Oct. 27-28. These performances will showcase a diverse range of street arts, including theater, musicals, non-verbal shows, magic and classical music.
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- [Obituary] Park Seo
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- 'Scent of Ink' to be performed at Kennedy Center in Washington
- S. Korea joins ICRC's major donor group for 1st time
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP